Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Yesterday we went to a community event lots of kids since is spring break which means looks of questions, stares, gasp, and mean very mean comments towards my daughter's arm which by the way doesn't seem to bother her she has such a sweet spirit such a happy soul. I had to tell some kids to back off but as I watched and heard what some kids were saying it broke my heart I was very emotionally and mentally tired at the end of the day . As I observed and listened to all that and told some kids to back off I thought about the future is this the society that we have now? kids don't have any compassion or care what so ever towards another child with a limb difference? I remember when I was growing up I never ask or said mean things to anyone regardless of their difference because it never matter to me, but now kids are so cruel that to be honest it makes me nervous what she''ll have to hear when is her time to be out there on her own without mommy to protect her. She's very independent and I let her be herself and handle some kids her way I do interfere when I see that the kid doesn't leave her alone and is being just cruel. I know I cannot put her in a bubble and that's is not my intent I want her to have a happy, joyful life and I want her to know that she can do anything that her heart desires but I still have fears and a sadness that she may be bullied and I wish I could control that, to shelter her from all the bad isn't what parents are supposed to do? I guess our job as parents are to worried about our kids but when you have a child with a limb difference your worries are two times more.

No comments:

Post a Comment